Intermarine Savannah/Colonial Shipyard & Repair Facility
Location: Intermarine Savannah
Client: Savannah, GA
- Foundation Design
- Permitting Assistance
- Structural Design
Thomas & Hutton provided various marine and structural consulting engineering services to the commercial and mega-yacht building and repair facility including:
- Design of a new overhead portable canopy structure over the existing dry dock operation. The design was fast tracked due to the scheduled arrival of a 320-foot mega-yacht for repairs.
- Modification of the vessel transfer rail and launching ramp to accommodate more flexible vessel transfer. Work included rehabilitating the launching cradle structure to accommodate heavier loads.
- Design of a pile-supported, enclosed 19,000 square foot paint building including rail system to transfer vessels.
- Repair of existing deteriorated waterfront timber relieving platform structures and design of new piers.
- Structural Modifications to the finger pier structure adjacent to the facility’s wet slip and dry dock.
- Inspection of the dry dock structure with recommendations for repairs.
- Miscellaneous site repairs to pavement and vessel storage.
- Design of numerous fabrication buildings.