Rockefeller Foreign Trade Zone
Location: Berkeley County, SC
Client: The Rockefeller Group
- Construction Services
- LEED Services
- Permitting Assistance
- Road Design
- Site Design
- Stormwater Drainage Design
- Wastewater System Design
- Water System Design
Thomas & Hutton has worked with The Rockefeller Group since 2007 providing consulting, master planning and engineering design services for a 400-acre-industrial-use development located in Berkeley County, South Carolina. The project features 2.7 million sf of industrial warehouse space. Coordination was required between the municipality, utility provider, developers, and engineers in order to create an overall master plan to upgrade the existing road and utility infrastructure to handle all of the new development.
In addition, the first building to be constructed in this park is applying for LEED certification. The environmentally conscious site design elements implemented in this project will assist in achieving the Sustainable Site Credits of the LEED certification.
- Minimal building footprint.
- Designed stormwater best management practices (BMPs) to LEED standards.
- Preferred parking spaces for hybrid vehicles and carpools.
- Landscaping that does not require permanent irrigation systems.
- Limited parking spaces to reduce impervious surface.