The following goals have been defined by the HWY 278 Improvement Association:
- Increase property values through long-term beautification projects.
- Develop a corridor branding theme that includes upgraded street and way finding signage, sidewalks, and lighting.
- Leverage this report to obtain future funding for the enhancement of the entire community.
- Maintain an appropriate mix and balance of residential, commercial and recreational uses, ensuring the long-term economic vitality and quality of life within the CID.
- Create a well-planned, aesthetic environment that enhancesthe quality of life and promotes safe vehicular and pedestrian movement and circulation.
- Increase the connectivity and coordination between neighboring activity centers at Exit 90 at Turner Lake Road, HWY 81 and Emory Street, Alcovy as well as Elm Street, and HWY 142 and HWY 278.
- Promote the community’s vision, physical improvements and economic opportunities, including ideas for an effectively targeted promotional and/or marketing campaign.